Day One Design is a woman-owned design-build business with licensed, bonded and insured Residential General Contractor services. We specialize in creating 'healthy homes', earth plaster wall finishes (on all types of walls) and natural building education. We also assist owner-builders with the ecological design process and consultation on using local natural materials. At Day One Design, every project is unique.
Erica Ann is primarily a home designer and artist in the realm of natural and salvaged materials. Her design practice specializes in daylighting, passive solar strategies and healthy, breathable wall systems. Her current emphasis on bringing Light Clay Straw construction back into practice is very exciting, as this thousand year old system has recently been integrated into the Oregon Building Codes. After receiving her Architecture degree from Cornell University and practicing at green architecture firms, Erica's education continued as she traveled the world gathering experience in many forms of earthen construction, apprenticing with the experts on each respective construction technique. She brings a unique perspective to green building, offering low-tech solutions to big issues. Her dedication to local resources and extensive use of salvaged components distinguishes her material palette. In her free time, Erica can be found gardening, doing yoga and making stained glass.
- Licensed Residential General Contractor - Oregon CCB# 210748
- LEED AP
- American Clay Artisan Applicator
- Claylin Earth Floor Installer
- Permaculture Designer
- EcoNest Builder Training
- Home Design - Thoughtful designs based on your specific needs and values
- Natural Construction Consultation - Helping you realize your 'Natural Dream Home' and how to get there
- Natural & Breathable Wall Systems - Including Strawbale, Light Clay Straw, Cob and more!
- Natural Finishes & Plasters - Including Earth Plasters, American Clay, Lime Plaster, Clay Paints and Tile
- Custom Home Furnishings - Repurposed Furniture & Lighting, Natural Bedding and Decor
- Eco-Salvage Sculpture - Including benches, wood-fired bread ovens and endless possibilities
- Workshop Facilitation - Both at local Eco-Village Education Centers as well as private locations
|This website is hosted eco-friendly|
300% Wind Powered